We know that many perpetrators of abuse monitor website use or phones to further control their victims.
If you are worried about someone knowing you have used this tool, please read and follow the safety information below.
The green Exit Site button in this tool will quickly hide the page by redirecting you to a website of your choice, which you can pre-select on the next page or when entering the tool. However, this won't delete everything. You will still need to delete your history to fully cover your tracks.
Most internet browsers will save certain information when you use them. This includes a history of which site you visited, images from websites, and information entered into search engines.
You can use private mode in most browsers. This will reduce the chances of someone knowing that you used this tool or any other support website.
This is a good first step in stopping any traces of your activity on your computer, phone, or tablet.
Find out which browser are you using
To find out which type of browser you are using, click on Help on the toolbar at the top of the browser screen. A drop-down menu will appear, the last entry will say About and then the name of your browser e.g Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari.
How to turn on Private Browsing
Microsoft edge :
- Click the Menu button with three horizontal dots
- Select New “InPrivate" Window
- A new window will open and, in the top right-hand corner, you will see an icon saying “InPrivate"
- Go to the Safety menu
- Select tools
- Select "In Private Browsing"
- Click the Menu button with three horizontal lines
- Select “New Private Window”.
- A new window will open and, in the top right-hand corner, you will see an icon saying “Private Window"
- Click the Menu button with three vertical dots and select “New Incognito Window”.
- A new window will open and, in the top right-hand corner, you will see an icon saying “Incognito"
Safari ( Apple)
- Click the Pages icon (consisting of two squares) to bring up the open tabs view. This is usually located on the bottom right of the screen on an iPad/iPhone.
- Click "Private." You will notice how the interface turns a dark grey.
- Tap the "+" icon to open a private tab.
For all of these, remember to close the window or tab after your session.